Light the Bay Preschool is a ministry of Light the Bay Church, Pittsburg, California. Light the Bay Church was founded in 1940 as Lighthouse Christian Center in a downtown storefront in Pittsburg, California, with a dozen parishioners. Its goal was to reach out to a relatively unchurched population.
It was the dream of the parishioners to meet the ever increasing demand for Christian education that would uphold a high academic standard and the need to impart a Christian worldview to their children in a supportive, loving atmosphere. Some parishioners even mortgaged their homes and gave money for building and furnishing the schools. What began as a preschool in the church Sunday School rooms has now grown to a fully developed campus of 50,000 square feet serving ages two years through - 6th grade. Over the years, the demographics and population of Pittsburg has dramatically changed, thus the decision to rebrand the campus was approved in January, 2013. The entire ministry now falls under the name “Light the Bay” Church and schools.
Light the Bay Preschool is located in Pittsburg, California, approximately forty miles northeast of San Francisco, in the East Bay area of Contra Costa County. The preschool is licensed by the State of California Department of Social Services and is a member of the Association of Christian Schools International. Light the Bay Preschool accepts children funded by Childcare Council, Contra Costa County, and Children’s Council of San Francisco.